Bulk Bag FAQs
What is an FIBC?
- FIBC stands for flexible intermediate bulk container. An FIBC, also known as a bulk bag, is an industrial container that is used for shipping, storing and dispensing products.
What materials are used to make a bulk bag?
- Bulk bags are made of a material called polypropylene. Polypropylene is a type of polymer used in producing monofilament and multifilament yarns and threads. This material is recyclable and is used as our standard fabric and most threads.
What sizes do bulk bags come in?
- Elway offers a wide variety of sizes for bulk bags. Our bulk bag sizes are suited for any application. View our bulk bag products to see all of the sizes we have available for purchase. Custom dimensions are also available at no additional charge.
What is a baffle?
- Baffles are pieces of fabric sewn across each corner of a tubular bag. The baffle improves a bag’s squareness, appearance, the stability of the load and to more efficiently utilize storage or shipping space.
What does SWL stand for?
- SWL stands for safe working load, and it is the amount of load, (in pounds or kilograms), which a bag is designed to carry. Note: Most customers use the metric system where 1 ton equals 2205 pounds or 1000 kilograms.
What should I be looking for in a FIBC supplier?
- An ideal FIBC supplier is certified, knowledgeable in the field, and can provide quality bulk bags for a variety of industries. Elway Industries, Inc is a certified member of both the Flexible Intermediate Bulk Container Association and the Textile Bag and Packaging Association. We provide stock bulk bags, stock bulk containers, and custom-made woven products. Our years of experience and regional and international distribution chain allow us to provide service in a timely and cost effective manner.
We want to start using FIBC's. How do we go about getting started?
- Whenever you want to get started, our experienced sales team and staff will be available to provide the direct, capable, and personal attention you need to help select the correct bulk bag for your application. With an emphasis on problem solving and striving to get your order right the first time, our team is a great place to start if you are new to the FIBC industry.
FAQs about Ordering Elway Bulk Bags
Where can Elway deliver their products to?
- Elway's Global Network allows our company to deliver worldwide in a timely manner based on your needs.
How fast can I get my bulk bags delivered?
- For states surrounding Texas, Bulk Bags can be delivered in as quickly as one day. Elway also provides two-day shipping for Midwest states. If you order your bulk bags by 1 pm, Elway can have your bags shipped that same day!
Do you have a warehouse for your bulk bag products?
- Elway Industries has a Houston distribution center that maintains inventory levels for repeat orders, or emergency stock for unexpected usage increases. We carry the largest Bulk Bag inventory in the U.S., and we maintain a variety of bulk bags in stock and available for you to purchase for any application.
What is your minimum order?
- Here at Elway we do not have a minimum order! We are happy to fill any order size for bulk bags.
Do you inspect the product before it ships?
- In the Elway Industries, Inc warehouse in Houston, TX, our trained staff inspects every bulk bag before it is sent to a customer. We want to ensure that all of our products are free of errors or defects.